Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Feel Good Songs

I love dancing. Really truly love it.

I took dance lessons from 3 years up until high school and while my motivation sometimes really dwindled- who wants to spend Mon, Wed,and Sat doing ballet and jazz when they are 14? Not me. The lessons imparted a love of a good song, and a good beat and turned me into a girl who loves to go dancing till the wee hours of the morning.

As I have gotten older the late nights out have slowly dwindled- although my husband assures me that this is because I am 50 year old trapped in a young twenty somethings body- as he and his 30+ friends still regularly go out till the early hours whereas I head back home around 1 because I like my sleep too much to miss it.

But all this doesn't keep me from dancing in my living room with the music blaring. Or cleaning with the headphones on and my head in another place.

I also can't wait to dance with my kids or at least introduce them to all the music I love. Sure by the time they can really appreciate it they will think it is lame but eventually they will come around. I know it only took me until I was 19 to appreciate Joni Mitchell and understand why my mom loves her.

This song is a current favorite of mine. I've always loved Res but just recently found this track on youtube.

What are your favorite songs to listen to when no one is home and you get your boogie on?

No comments:

Post a Comment