Thursday, December 31, 2009
I finally have my "starting stash" completed and I thought I would share it here. These things are just SO darn cute. I am so excited to use them, and the hubby is also totally on board with using them, which is of course great!If anyone wants more information on cloth diapering I highly recommend the sites, www.diaperpin.com and www.diaperswappers.com.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
If you want to join in just copy this entire post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then post this on your blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both! For kids definitely wrapping paper as part of the fun is ripping the paper off. Or when my grandma was alive slowly using a scissors to cut the tape,and then slowly unwrapping the gift so that you could fold the paper and use it again:) For adults and awkward shaped things like bottles of wine, definitely gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL!!! Absolutely nothing beats a real tree. I can't stand fake. I think especially since it is so cold in MN and surprisingly this year in Germany real just fits much better as well.
3. When do you put up the tree? The last weekend in November or the first weekend in December. A little tidbit for everyone: Did you know most Germans put their tree up on Christmas Eve? I hate that tradition, and we don't and won't follow it. They also don't celebrate that Santa comes over night, they celebrate mainly on the 24th and open presents then. Another tradition which we won't be passing on.
4. When do you take the tree down? Normally right around New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really but I love Glühwein- mulled wine, which you get at all the Christmas Markets here in Germany.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Mall Madness. It was a board game and I wanted it for 2 consecutive years. The first year I didn't get it for Christmas I was SHOCKED. How could Santa do this to me? When I got it the year after I was thrilled and made my mom play it with me for hours on end. It was actually much more difficult then it sounds it was sort of like a time management board game.
7. Hardest person to buy for? The hubby! He buys everything he really wants for himself just so, so it is always difficult to figure out what to get him.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself LOL. Most family.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope I'm agnostic and the hubby is atheist, it would be a bit weird ;)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail- and it was expensive to send them to the States but worth it. If you are reading this mom I forgot to send you one!!!! I sent one to all your siblings and forgot you, I'm super sorry it wasn't on purpose. I'll try to send one out soon for you:)
11. Worst Christmas ever? I don't know Christmas is almost always wonderful:)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? White Christmas, Christmas in Connecticut, cheesy Hallmark, ABC family and lifetime Christmas movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Normally December but if I see something that I know someone will like, then earlier.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep- all the time. The hubby hates it because I recycle all gifts that I don't think we can use BUT I don't like clutter and I don't believe in storing something that another person could actually use and appreciate. I also normally don't have a reason to recycle Christmas presents- most people know us well enough:)
15 .Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweets!
16. Lights on the tree? Yep- colored and white are my favorite. The hubby prefers plain white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? hmmm not sure I have a favorite.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.BUT we are going to start doing one year here, next year in the States with my mom.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No I bet I would miss one.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? 1 present from family Christmas Eve, the rest and all the presents from Santa on Christmas morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Certain relatives ;)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have such a crazy mix and that is just how I like it. Handmade, wood, stuffed, glass, etc.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We never really did Christmas dinner, the in-laws do meat fondue which I think is boring. I am making whole trout for us this year and next year I will do carp.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing:) Really I have everything I want or need this year. Although I do sincerely hope that all the ladies I know here on the Web and in real life who have been trying and praying for a successful pregnancy have this wish fulfilled in 2010.
If you play, please leave me the link so I can read your answers.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I have them ALL OVER. ALREADY. AT 27 STUPID WEEKS. The ones below my belly button are at least clearish but the ones above are dark red and look like bruises.
Honestly this is hard for me to deal with. Weight gain,pimples, etc are all no problem as I know they will go away with time but these are with me for life. I was hoping to just have them pop up in the last week or two so that I was quickly so engrossed with baby Theodor to care. But clearly nature had other plans.
Now I get to spend the next three months watching my stomach go from smooth and pretty to covered with scars. Yay!
I am guessing that after a few days I will be OK with how my stomach looks now and will have moved on but noticing them in the mirror today really hurt.
Thankfully I still feel pretty when my belly is covered- here is a picture for 27 weeks.The flash made my bra visible- but it wasn't in person:D
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
We have renovations going on in January and then I can finally start on the nursery. I am slowly amassing all the things I need, and am happy to say that I am almost done purchasing all the cloth diapers we will need for the first few months. I'm hoping to have everything purchased and ready by the second week of February. We'll see!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
I think this movie looks so great- I wish it came out before April so that DH and I could watch it together before Theodor comes but I figure it will make a fun date for after he is born. The first scene cracks me up because I know a sibling pair that was just like this- too cute!