So the first two weeks have passed and I can honestly say they have been the hardest two weeks of my entire life. They have also been full of joy and happiness. I don't have time to write much since my baby is currently having acid-reflux problems and never sleeping more then 90 minutes and last night slept for all of 3 hours between 6pm and 6am but I wanted to update with a few points.
1. Theodor is gorgeous and watching him sleep makes me want to eat him up.
2. Going back to the hospital with your child is one of the hardest things you will ever ever do as a parent. Theodor had high jaundice levels and we had to go back for 5 days. It was so so awful, and I wouldn't wish an experience like that on anyone.
3. Lack of sleep can make you crazy, depressed, and wondering why in the world you wanted this thing. People who have easy babies will pretend like they understand but really there is a world of difference between 2-3 hour stretches of sleep and 0-90 minutes. Trust me.
4. It is OK to not love every moment of taking care of a newborn. It can be incredibly hard and thankless work, especially if your baby is "spirited". Don't take it personally, and don't feel bad for not loving every moment. You can be completely enamored with your child and love him more then anything and still not feel complete joy breastfeeding, especially if you are on hour 3 of a cluster feed;)
5. My husband is amazing, and I am so so happy to have him.
6. Teddy sometimes smiles in his sleep and it is the most beautiful thing to see. I can not wait until he starts doing it when he is awake.
7. Overall I love being a family of three now and I am so excited to see where the next two weeks take us.