Sunday, August 18, 2013

Almost a year

Time is passing so quickly and it sometimes makes me wonder how I will feel when I look back and realize that I went weeks without taking pictures, or jotting down the events of Ferdi's first year. Right now every day just seems so full of the good, challenging, and in-between that sitting down to write about it just seems like such a waste of precious moments which can be spent with my husband, or with myself delving into a good book, or scanning the internet for ideas for our new abode.

Life is really full and I am so appreciative that I have such a wonderful family. My mom is always there full of support for me and all that I am doing no matter how far away she is. And soon she is coming again for one of her visits which totally excites the children and I, and of course makes me wish that we had her closer all of the time, but also makes me thankful that we are able to enjoy weeks of her company every year.

Ferdi is in some ways so different from Theo, he still isn't crawling just pulling himself forward using his arms while one of his legs stays perpetually bent. He also pulls himself up solely using his arm strength and hasn't really figured out how to get back down, he isn't cruising the furniture yet and just wobbles to and fro as if he hasn't yet understood that his feet and legs have a purpose :)

He is still so good natured and so easily entertained when he has access to his brother's toys, and can pull pots out of his toy kitchen and throw them on the floor, or "play" with the cars at the toy garage. He has his two bottom center teeth and his two top center teeth are coming in now. He doesn't seem to like getting new teeth very much and is definitely more fussy and has more trouble sleeping than normal.

He absolutely loves being around his brother and his face literally lights up when he comes into the room. He also bursts into tears when Theo goes to daycare in the morning. For the most part they already play really well together although sometimes Ferdi just ruins whatever Teddy is working on which can be frustrating for both of them.

They are sharing a room now and for the most part it is going really well. I seem to remember 12-18 months being sort of a pain with Theo's sleep with early wake ups due to teething and random annoyances and Ferdi seems to be going through that now, which means that he wakes up Theo up early as well. It isn't ideal but I think it is a phase that will be over quick. They don't seem to wake each other up in the middle of the night no matter how loud they can be which is good, and I think in the end it will be such a fun nice situation for them for the next few years.

I'm really happy right now even though I think I had sort of thought I would be a little less tired and a bit more on top of things by this point. I think a lot comes down to Ferdi being at that weird age where he can't walk, talk, or really do all that much but he is aware of all that he could be doing and he really wants to. I imagine it will all smooth itself out in the coming half a year and hopefully by Christmas I will really feel like having two is a breeze :D 

1 comment:

  1. Your boys sound like they are doing well! I hope you start getting more rest and that by Christmas, you will feel like an old pro with your two kids!

    ReplyDelete